Tuesday, June 21, 2011

30 Day Challenge: Day 20

To my pleasure my 30 day challenge has been, the majority of the time, a success. It's almost become second nature to reform my thoughts at the breech of any negativity and I am very happy with the results of my challenge. Although my challenge is going good, it is still a challenge, at times, to remain positive; particularly while dealing with my mother and ex-boyfriend. This process has allowed me to site exactly what triggers my negative thinking and has also enabled me to distance myself from being provoked by the same situations over and over again. I now know that I have to be especially patient while dealing with my mother and ex-boyfriend, and this knowledge allows me to steer away from negative thinking.

So, to say the least, I am pleased with my results thus far. In Joyce Meyer's book that I read last year, she presented a theory  about the power of our thoughts. I like to abbreviate it as T.E.A.B, as it is written on the board in my room as a reminder. The synopsis is simple, but true. Your thoughts lead to your emotions, your emotions lead to your attitude, and your attitude leads to your behavior. In other words, if you begin with negative thinking, then the rest of your life will follow suit by being negative, and when you begin with positive thinking, the rest of your life will follow suit as well, and hence be positive. I have experienced this first hand! I find that since becoming more optimistic, it is now easier to preserve my progress because God blesses me with more to be positive about!

For the remaining 10 days of my challenge I will focus on what I say. There is no filter on my mouth, at all. I don't mean that I use profane or condescending language. But the circuit from my mind to my mouth is a straight shot. There is no discernment there; whatever I think instantaneously leaves my mouth. This process has allowed me to realize this. My impulsive tongue must be tamed, and that is my final step in concluding this process.

No comments:

Post a Comment